How to Delete Email from Mailboxes on Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online
Deleting emails from user mailboxes is an important task for any Exchange administrator. It can help to maintain a healthy environment and keep the data size of mailboxes at a reasonable level. In this article, we will explain how to delete emails from mailboxes in Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online.
Deleting Emails from mailboxes in Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online
There are two ways to achieve this task in Exchange Online. The first one is to use the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and the second one is to use the Exchange Online PowerShell.
Using the Exchange Admin Center
The EAC is the graphical user interface (GUI) for Exchange Online. You can use it to connect to the server and perform the necessary operations. To delete emails from mailboxes in Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online, follow these steps:
1. Open the EAC by logging into it with a user account that has the necessary permissions.
2. Navigate to Recipients > Mailboxes and select the mailbox you want to delete emails from.
3. Click on the “Delete Messages” option in the mailbox properties window.
4. Select the emails you want to delete and click the “Delete” button.
5. Confirm the deletion by clicking the “Yes” button.
You can also delete emails from mailboxes in Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online using the Exchange Online PowerShell. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Connect to Exchange Online by running the following cmdlet:Connect-ExchangeOnline -UserPrincipalName Admin@domain.com
2. Run the following cmdlet to delete emails from a specific mailbox:Remove-MailboxMessage -Identity UserMailbox -MessageId MessageId
In this article, we explained how to delete emails from mailboxes in Exchange 2016, 2013, and 2010 Online. We showed how to do this using the Exchange Admin Center and how to use the Exchange Online PowerShell. We hope this article was helpful and will help you manage your mailboxes more efficiently.
How to delete mailbox items on Exchange Online / 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010
1. Exchange Online / 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 delete mailbox items