Logic Apps Aviators Newsletter – May 2023
Logic Apps Aviators is a monthly newsletter providing the latest news and insights on the cloud application integration world. This month, we focus on the new updates around Azure Logic Apps, including new features, enhancements, and updates. We’ll also take a look at the latest cloud-based solutions and products that are integrated with Azure Logic Apps.
What is Azure Logic Apps?
Azure Logic Apps is a cloud-based integration service that enables developers to quickly create automated workflows and process data across different cloud and on-premises services. It provides a powerful, enterprise-grade workflow engine that enables users to integrate data from a wide range of sources, including Salesforce, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, and more. Logic Apps can also be used for event-driven automation, such as sending an email when a form is submitted or running a report when a certain threshold is reached.
Benefits of Using Azure Logic Apps
Azure Logic Apps offers a range of benefits for developers. It provides a reliable and scalable platform for integrating data from multiple sources. It also enables users to create automated workflows quickly and easily, reducing the amount of manual effort required. Logic Apps also supports a wide range of data sources, including on-premises and cloud-based services, allowing users to create workflows that span multiple environments.
New Features and Updates
Microsoft has recently released several new features and updates for Azure Logic Apps. These include:
* Integration with Azure Functions – This allows developers to use Azure Functions to extend the capabilities of Logic Apps, providing serverless computing capabilities for complex integration tasks.
* Integration with Azure Data Factory – This allows developers to easily move data between different services, including Azure Storage and Azure SQL Database.
* Integration with Azure Service Bus – This allows developers to easily send and receive messages between Logic Apps and other services.
* Integration with Azure Event Grid – This allows developers to easily process events and trigger automated workflows.
* Integration with Azure Kubernetes Service – This allows developers to deploy Logic Apps in a containerized environment, allowing for greater scalability and availability.
Integrating Logic Apps with Other Services
In addition to the new features and updates, Azure Logic Apps also supports integration with a wide range of other services. These include:
* Azure Storage – This allows users to store and access data from Azure Storage.
* Azure Active Directory – This allows users to securely access resources using Azure Active Directory.
* Azure IoT Hub – This allows users to process data from IoT devices and connect them to Logic Apps.
* Azure Event Hubs – This allows users to process and react to events from different sources in real-time.
* Azure Service Bus – This allows users to send messages between different services and applications.
Azure Logic Apps is a powerful and reliable cloud-based integration service that enables developers to quickly create automated workflows and process data across different cloud and on-premises services. It provides a wide range of features and updates, and can be easily integrated with other services. By using Azure Logic Apps, developers can reduce the amount of manual effort required to create automated workflows, and ensure that their applications are running reliably and efficiently.